Winter Storm Warning:
- ...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 am MST Tuesday... The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Winter Storm Warning for snow and slick Road conditions...which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 am MST Tuesday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.
- Impacts/timing: accumulating snow by mid Monday afternoon and evening with heaviest amounts near the Interstate 90 corridor. Strong northeast winds will produce cold wind chills Monday night through Tuesday morning. Refreeze of roads will create hazardous travel conditions overnight through Tuesday morning. This event will also impact Newborn livestock.
- Snow accumulations: 2 to 4 inches... locally higher amounts possible.
- Blowing snow: visibility greatly reduced at times...especially near Hellgate Canyon.
- Wind chills: 5 below zero to 15 below zero Monday night. Colder wind chills to near 20 below zero in southwest Montana.
- Locations impacted include...Evaro hill...Highway 200 Thompson Falls to plains...Highway 200 Trout Creek to Heron...I-90 Lookout Pass to Haugan...Bitterroot valley...Missoula... Highway 93 Sula to Lost Trail Pass...Lolo Pass...Butte... Georgetown Lake... Highway 12 Garrison to Elliston...Homestake pass...MacDonald Pass...Highway 200 Bonner to Greenough... Highway 83 Seeley Lake to Condon...I-90 East Missoula to Bearmouth Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for snow and slick Road conditions means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.