Areal Flood Warning:
- The National Weather Service in Billings has extended the
- Flood Warning for... snow melt in... Golden Valley County in central Montana... Wheatland County in central Montana... Musselshell County in central Montana...
- until 215 PM MDT Sunday
- flooding of small streams...locations along the Musselshell river...and other low lying areas will continue into Sunday. Some County roads are impassable due to high water. The combination of rapid runoff and ice has resulted in high water levels along portions of the Musselshell river. As of 1100 am Monday...the worst of the ice jams had shifted east of Roundup...and may impact locations near Delphia...Musselshell and Melstone today and tonight. Some bridges may be threatened due to backed up ice and water.
- Flows along the Musselshell river have decreased near Martinsdale and Harlowton over the past 24 hours...and water levels are starting to go down at Shawmut. However...warmer temperatures this weekend may result in additional increases or only a slow decrease in overall water levels.
- Residents should act to protect their property and move livestock and farm equipment to higher ground.
- Locations which may be impacted by flooding include Harlowton...Shawmut...Ryegate...Lavina...Roundup and Musselshell. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded roads make the smart choice...turn around...dont drown. To report flooding...have the nearest law enforcement agency relay your report to the National Weather Service forecast office. Lat...Lon 4675 10783 4668 10779 4660 10784 4659 10780 4649 10778 4640 10779 4640 10792 4629 10803 4625 10821 4627 10832 4621 10841 4617 10864 4615 10949 4619 10965 4622 10966 4629 11010 4661 11011 4676 10880 Jkl