KTVM/Bonten Media Group has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented Local Sales Manager to manage sales in Bozeman-Butte DMA. Position is based at Bozeman, MT station. Individual must be able to drive revenue, adept at team-building, customer-focused, and capable of handling multiple tasks. Organization, communications, and time management skills are a must. Report to General Sales Manager in Missoula.
• Proven revenue generator
• Proven team leader with the ability to motivate, train, and deliver results
• Reliable and self motivated with a positive, high energy individual
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of handling multiple tasks
• Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales efforts
• Ability to forecast and budget
• Ability to work well with customers and station staff
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications, experience working with broadcast traffic/sales systems desirable
• Reliable, self-starter
• Knowledge of broadcast sales policies, practices and procedures
• Solid ethical foundation – “Do the Right Thing”
• Bachelors Degree, preferred, but not required.
• Previous local TV sales management experience preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of sales staff, including the ability to hold staff accountable to daily job requirements and individual sales goals
• Recruit, train, coach, mentor and develop sales staff
• Responsible for management of revenue generation efforts utilizing traditional television, digital channels, on line, and mobile.
• Use Bonten Sales Process as platform for the sales organization.
• Work closely with GSM to effectively manage commercial inventory control and pricing
• Effectively strategize, build, and execute sales operation plans
• Ability to analyze, understand and forecast local broadcast market conditions and trends
• Responsible for building and maintaining sales operation budgets
• Responsible for building monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for sales staff
• Responsible for ensuring superior client relations
• Effectively negotiate advertising rates
• Work with Market Controller in executing credit and collection policy
• Champion Bonten Culture of Excellence and use it as operating framework
If you wish to work in a high performance culture, for a company whose goal is to be number one, that rewards excellence, and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter. Please contact Richard Reingold at email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
BONTEN MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.