MISSOULA, Mont. - It's been a wild few weeks for Houston Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler.
He started the team's first 14 games this year and led the Texans to 8 wins. However, head coach Bill O'Brien benched Osweiler in week 15 after a poor start to their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Now, the Kalispell native has Houston moving on to the AFC divisional round after a 27-14 win against the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. He threw for 168 yards and 1 touchdown, while also running for a touchdown in the wild card game.
Osweiler was re-named the starter for their playoff game after an injury to quarterback Tom Savage in week 17.
Protecting the ball has been a weakness for the Texans 6'8" quarterback this season. But in his last two outings, Osweiler has been responsible for 4 total touchdowns and 0 turnovers.
Houston's next matchup will be either at New England or at Kansas City.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man