MISSOULA, Mont. - The Montana Grizzlies aren't the only winning team in the Tinkle family right now. Big Sky graduate Joslyn Tinkle is now in her senior season with the Stanford Cardinal.
She's a starter and team captain; And this week for the first time in her career Stanford is ranked #1 in the nation.
"It's a good feeling because it really proves to show how hard all of us worked in the off-season and summer," said Tinkle. "For myself stepping into this new kind of senior leader role and doing my best for my team this basketball season."
This #1 ranking is deservedly so after her Cardinal upset #1 Baylor this past weekend at their tournament in Hawaii. Tinkle score 11 points in that game.
The Cardinal went on to win the game 71-69 to snap Baylor's 42-game winning streak, which was the 5th longest streak in Women's college hoops history.
Tinkle herself was named to the all-tournament team. She averaged over 17 points in those three games while shooting over 60 percent from the floor.
She says it feels great now but she knows the season is far from over:
"NCAA basketball is a marathon," added Tinkle. "It's long, we have months still left but we're very very proud of it and hanging on as tight we can to that #1 spot. We're very excited about it".
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell