MISSOULA, Mont. - Concerns about the Grizzly basketball team only grew as Montana fell on the road to Eastern Wsahington 69-62 Thursday night in Cheney, Washington.
Martin Seiferth posted a double-double of 21 points and 12 rebounds while Tyler Harvey registered a game-high 25 points to lead the Eagles.
Keron DeShields had a team-high 17 points off the bench for Montana. Jordan Gregory (13) and Kareem Jamar (10) were the only other Grizzlies to post double-digits in scoring.
The Grizzlies (1-2, 6-6) held a second half lead 33-32 less than two minutes into the second half but the Eagles jumped right back on top via a Harvey three-pointer and Eastern (1-2, 6-8) never relinquished the lead after that.
Montana senior, and defending Big Sky Conference MVP, Kareem Jamar was limited to a season-low 24 minutes due to foul trouble.
The Grizzlies' next contest will be a road game at Portland State on Saturday night, Jan. 11.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory