MISSOULA, Mont. - Former Griz golfer Jasi Acharya has qualified for the 69th U.S. Women's Open Championship.
Acharya has a long history with golf in Mont. In high school, she won the State 'B' Championship title four times and in college, she won the 2006 Big Sky Conference Championship during her time with the Griz. Currently Acharya is golfing professionally on the Symetra tour.
Last month, Acharya won a sectional qualifier by three strokes at Lake Forest Country Club in St. Louis. The win secured her first ever spot in a LPGA event and she will compete June 19-22 at Pinehurst.
In addition to Acharya, Brandon McIver of Billings, Mont. will also be competing in the U.S. Open (June 12-15). It is believed to be the first time Montana has had a male and female golfer competing in both U.S. Open events.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles