It's only fitting that an NFL player with the name Colt would sign with the NFL team that shares his name.
Monday night the Indianapolis Colts announced they had signed former Butte Bulldog Colt Anderson.
Anderson played for the Philadelphia Eagles last season, where he led the team with 16 special teams tackles. He also recorded 2 forced fumbles.
The Butte High star was a walk on at the University of Montana in 2004 and began to shine in his second season on the team. In each of his last three seasons with the Griz, Colt was named an All-Big Sky selection and was named a team captain in 2008.
Anderson went undrafted but quickly signed a deal with the Minnesota Vikings following the draft. He signed a three year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2010.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Greg Gianforte keeps low profile, Montana votes
- US Census estimates show Bozeman population growth
- Contamination in Montana park; highest in kids' sandbox
- Spotty showers, cooler temperatures