Montana State and Northern Colorado squared off as the top two teams in the Big Sky Conference Thursday night. Montana State would end the night as the number one team in the Big Sky, beating UNC 70-55.
Both teams struggled in the opening 5 minutes with missed jumpers and turnovers which notted the game at 7 points a piece. Both teams would then start to trade buckets with the Bobcats heading into the half with a 25-23 lead.
The Bobcats remained tough on their home floor to the number one team and wouldn't trail for the remainder of the game, at one point opening up a 16 point advantage.
Paul Egwuonwu led all Bobcats with 13 points and Michael Dison added 12 to pace MSU to a 45% shooting night from the floor. Colorado's Tate Unruh led all scorers with 17.
The Bobcat women would extend their Big Sky winning streak to 4 straight, as they beat the Bears on the road 68-55.
The Lady Bobcats trailed Colorado 29-27 at the half but caught fire in the second frame, outscoring the Bears 41-26.
Jasmine Hommes led all Bobcats with 18 points. Ashley Brumwell posted her second straight double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Both teams will face North Dakota on Saturday. The Men's game will tip-off in Bozeman at 7:05. The Lady Bobcats game tips-off in North Dakota at 2:05.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers