You couldn't think of a more perfect ending Thursday night, as the Bobcats topped Southern Utah in overtime 77-72 on senior night.
It was an emotional night for the Bobcats as they recognized Antonio Biglow, Calen Coleman, Flavien Davis and Paul Egwuonwu before the game tipped-off.
It was not a pretty start for the Bobcats however, as they did not take care of the ball allowing the Thunderbirds, who have yet to win a conference game, to grab a 12-6 lead.
The Bobcats would turn to senior Flavien Davis who dropped 12 points in the first half to send MSU into the locker room with a 30-23 lead.
The Thunderbirds would take a 62-59 lead with just over two minutes to go, but the Bobcats would hold them there while putting in 3 free throws to send the game into overtime, where a pair of Davis free throws would seal the Bobcats win.
Sophomore Stephan Holm led all scorers with 22 points, knocking down 5 three pointers in the game. Davis followed that with 18 and Egwuounwu added 12. A.J. Hess led the Thunderbirds with 15.
The Bobcats will next take the floor Monday in Missoula for Cat-Griz.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Authorities ID man found in Clark Fork River
- Bozeman American Legion seeks return of burgled bugle
- Lewis and Clark County appoints new coroner
- KECI Injury crash near Ronan diverts traffic off Highway 93