Four Bobcats, two sophomores and two seniors, have been named to the Big Sky Preseason All-Conference team.
Sophomore offensive lineman JP Flynn was named to the All-Conference offense. Flynn started his first game for the Bobcats against North Dakota last season and held the starting job the rest of the season.
Senior cornerback Deonte Flowers was named to the All-Conference defense, after tying for the most pass breakups in the Big Sky last season with 12. He was also tied for third in passes defended.
The Bobcats headlined the special teams selections, with senior Shawn Johnson and sophomore Chad Newell both receiving special teams honors.
Johnson was named the return specialist by the Big Sky. Johnson ended the season averaging 31 yards per kick return, which was the 4th best average in the entire nation and 2nd in the Big Sky. He returned two kickoffs for touchdowns and one punt for a touchdown.
Sophomore Chad Newell was named the All-Conference special teams performer. Newell had 3 offensive touchdowns last year and had 5 special teams tackles. He also returned 6 kickoffs, averaging 12.5 yards a return.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Greg Gianforte keeps low profile, Montana votes
- US Census estimates show Bozeman population growth
- Contamination in Montana park; highest in kids' sandbox
- Spotty showers, cooler temperatures