MISSOULA, Mont. -
Gibralter Ridge Fire (Eureka)
- Location: East of Eureka
- Size: 1,652 acres
- Containment: ?
- Structures Threatened: 30
- Evacuations: The following areas are still under evacuation: Sherman Creek, Griffith Creek, Therriault Pass Rd, and Stevens Creek. Other areas, including Glen Lake and Sinclair Creek (south/east of West Road) are under pre-evacuation. All area residents should have an evacuation plan in place including having all important documents, pictures, prescriptions and pets gathered up and easily transportable. Law enforcement will also be patrolling the evacuation areas while residents are evacuated.
- A Public Meeting is planned for today (August 11) at 6:00pm in the Lincoln County High School Auditorium. Fire and Community representatives will be present to provide updates and answer questions.
- Road Closure: Grave Creek road is closed passed the junction of Grave Creek and Stoken Roads.
- Fire Prevention Tip: The entire Lincoln County is in Stage II Fire Restrictions – no burning, no campfires, no charcoal briquettes (only BBQ’s with an on/off switch), and gas generators only in cleared or paved areas.
Burdette Fire (Tarkio)
- Location: 13 miles southeast of Tarkio
- Size: 648 acres
- Containment: 70%
- Structures Threatened: 0
Sunrise Fire (Superior)
- Location: 11 miles southeast Superior
- Size: 16,200 acres
- Containment: 20%
- Structures Threatened: 81
- Evacuations: Quartz Creek and Verde Creek remain in Stage 3 evacuation. Quartz Flats and Sunrise Creek downgraded to Stage 2.
- A Stage 3 evacuation order is in place for the Cougar Gulch, Quartz Creek and Verde Creek Zones, as set by the Incident Population Protection Plan. An area closure around the Sunrise Fire is from Cedar Creek south to Forest Service Road #341 is in effect. All roads contained within this boundary are closed. The Red Cross is prepared to provide shelter at Superior High School for evacuees. Superior and Ninemile Rural Fire Departments assisted to patrol the north side of the river for new fire starts. Turman's Type 1 IMT is managing both the Sunrise and Burdette Fires. All new overhead costs are charged to the Sunrise Fire.
Sapphire Complex Fire (Rock Creek)
- Location: 25 miles southeast of Missoula
- Size: 28,625 acres
- Containment: 32%
- Structures Threatened: 185: Private property and structures in the Rock Creek and Upper Willow Creek drainage are threatened [no numbers given]. Other resources threatened include a Bonneville Power Administration powerline and a communication site.
- Structures Destroyed: 1 cabin, 9 outbuildings
- Evacuations: For the Sapphire Complex, the Granite County Sheriff has issued the following evacuation orders: Red evacuation order (mandatory evacuation) from Hogback Homestead south to Stony Creek and the Sliderock Mountain area; Yellow evacuation orders (pre-evacuation) for the northern portion of Rock Creek drainage from approximately Babcock Creek south to Bobcat Creek, from Butte Cabin south to Hogback Homestead, from Stony Creek south to the Kyle G. Bohrnsen Memorial Bridge, and from the Kyle G. Bohrnsen Memorial Bridge north to McDermott Gulch in the Upper Willow Creek drainage.
Lolo Peak Fire (Lolo)
- Location: 10 miles southwest of Lolo
- Size: 7,644 acres
- Containment: 0%
- Structures Threatened: none
- Evacuations: No Evacuations are in effect. An Evacuation Warning remains in place for the south side of Highway 12 from Fort Fizzle, west to the intersection with the Elk Meadows Road, including the Mill Creek Road area. This is not an order to evacuate, only a warning so citizens can prepare should evacuations become necessary.
- Highway 12 remains open. Please do not stop along the road to view fire activity as it creates a traffic hazard.
Meyers Fire (Philipsburg)
- Location: 25 miles southwest of Philipsburg
- Size: 13,450 acres
- Containment: 5%
- Structures Treatened: 119
- Evacuations: The Granite County Sheriff issued evacuation notices for the FROG POND BASIN, COPPER CREEK CAMPGROUND areas and the MOOSE LAKE area. These areas are closed for public health and safety due to wildfire.
Liberty Fire (Arlee)
- Location: 17 miles southeast of Arlee
- Size: 4,231 acres
- Containment: 90%
- Structures Threatened: none
- Evacuation: The Missoula County Sheriff Department’s Evacuation Warning for the community of Placid Lake and Finley Creek remains in effect.
Rice Ridge Fire (Seeley Lake)
- Location: 2 miles northeast of Seeley Lake
- Size: 10,194 acres
- Containment: 10%
- Structures Threatened: 1090
- Evacuations: The evacuation warning issued to residents on both sides of Highway 83 south of Rice Ridge Road to Morrell Creek and south of Cottonwood Lakes Road east of Highway 83, including the town of Seeley Lake and Double Arrow Ranch is still in effect. No actual evacuations have been ordered.
- Last night’s community meeting was attended by approximately 250 people. It can be viewed as a video on the Lolo National Forest Facebook page for those who missed it.
In the event of an evacuation, the American Red Cross will open a shelter. It is located at the Potomac Community Center, 29827 Potomac Rd., in Potomac. The shelter is on standby, anyone seeking to pre-evacuate that requires assistance or sheltering may call the Red Cross of Montana at 1-800-272-6668. Evacuees are urged to call before leaving for the shelter, as cell phone service is limited at the shelter.