BOZEMAN, Mont. - The city of Bozeman announced Wednesday that it will lift the ban on open burning at 12:01 September 13th.
The ban lifted only covered inside the city limits. Bozeman's Fire Chief imposed the ban August 21st after a period of hot dry weather, several wildfires and limited mutual aid resources from other fire departments.
The city reminds folks that should high fire danger and dry weather return another burn ban could be imposed.
Much of southwest Montana's forest land remains under Stage I fire restrictions. Always check local restrictions before you burn to make sure it is legal in your area.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police