BOZEMAN, Mont. - The Beaverhead County Sheriff's office says they received a report of an injured hunter in the Centennial Valley Sunday afternoon.
The name of the hunter has not been released but we do know he is a 47-year-old man from Stevensville.
According to the Sheriff's Department he was bear hunting with his father in the Fish Creek Lake area on the north side of the Centennial Valley when he was attacked by either a black or grizzly.
Around 2p.m. Sunday the hunter, who suffered serious injuries, was transported to Barrett Hospital and Healthcare in Dillon. Once he was stabilized, he was then flown to Seattle for further treatment.
According to the Sheriff's office, the local Game Wardens in Dillon have been contacted and an investigation into the incident is underway. State Fish, Wildlife and Parks wardens are also investigating.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers