HAMILTON, Mont. - Officials in Ravalli County have released the name of a Missoula man who was shot to death after apparently breaking into a home in the Victor area.
Sheriff Chris Hoffman says 39-year-old Tobias Ian Bishop was shot at about 4 a.m. Monday after the homeowner said the man broke a window, entered his house and ignored orders not to move.
An investigation found Bishop parked a borrowed van between two houses and had spent at least an hour moving items from both houses to the van before trying to enter the second home, where he was shot.
Hoffman says Bishop has previous convictions for burglary, assault and drug-related arrests in Arizona, Idaho and Montana. He was wanted on arrest warrants in Arizona and Flathead County for theft and forgery.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles