The following release was sent out by Mountain Line.
Throughout the day, Mountain Line has provided fare free service to Missoula in response to extreme weather. Upon considering the situation of Missoula’s roads, Mountain Line has decided to extend fare free service through Saturday as well. Travelers should avoid driving on snow and ice as these conditions can be very dangerous even at slower speeds. By utilizing Mountain Lines services, commuters can feel at ease knowing they do not have to worry about icy roads.
Riders are also advised not to use the mobile app to track their busses. Minor detours have caused some technical issues with the program. Passengers should contact a customer service representative at 406-721-3333 or check online on Facebook, Twitter or mountainline.com for any updates.
Currently, there are 5 minor detours on routes in Missoula. They are as follows:
- Route 1: Not using Main and Front, bus taking Broadway to Madison
- Route 4: Bus staying on Hwy 200 after E. Missoula. Route turn around at Town Pump in Bonner.
- Route 5: Bus is currently not serving Lincolnwood-Timberline loop. Service will be fully restored at 1:15pm.
- Route 7: Coming out of Southgate Mall, the bus is taking Paxton to 39th
- Route 11: Not running behind Home Depot, the route is staying on Reserve.