KALISPELL, Mont. -

Fire crews from Kalispell, Evergreen and Smith Valley responded to a fire in a garage on 6th Ave West in Kalispell just before 9:30 on Friday morning.

Crews were able to knock down the fire but not before it did about $15,000 in damage to the detached garage.

No injuries were reported and the fire is currently under investigation, but homeowner Wayne Paxton tells us that he suspects a hot plate he had been using in the garage may have been the cause.

Paxton says that he turned the hot plate on before returning to his house to have breakfast and when he came back out to the garage he discovered the fire.

"I opened the door and there's flames, so I hooked up a garden hose and started spraying it and had my wife call the fire department and it was over with, you know, just too fast." said Paxton.