BOZEMAN, Mont. - A 54-year-old Kentucky woman who prosecutors said pulled a gun on a Montana attorney during mediation in a lawsuit has been found guilty of misdemeanor assault with a weapon.
She paid a $575 fine and was released after spending more than 10 months in jail on $1 million bail.
Mary Ann McCulley was initially charged with a felony, but jurors on Thursday found her guilty of a misdemeanor, which carries a maximum six-month jail sentence.
Prosecutors alleged McCulley was in Bozeman from Owensboro, Ky., meeting with attorneys last April 25 when she slammed documents on a table and said, "This is my final offer that you are going to sign." Witnesses say she pulled a pistol loaded with birdshot.
She fled after a struggle, but was quickly arrested.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police