BOZEMAN, Mont. - A Bozeman elementary school student is sick with whooping cough.
NBC Montana received a copy of the letter sent home to parents of students at Morningstar Elementary.
It details the steps health workers are taking to make sure the disease doesn't spread.
Whooping cough, also known as pertussis, is highly contagious.
Right now, the health department is identifying anyone in close contact with the student. Some kids have been referred to a doctor for testing and treatment.
Students that may be sick are being asked to stay at home.
The state's seen a number of outbreaks in recent years, most recently in the Flathead.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man