BOZEMAN, Mont. - Manhattan residents tell NBC Montana water flooded across East Main Street in Manhattan on Thursday night.
Manhattan Police have blocked East Main from Broadway to South 8th, and police said they plan to keep the road closed until at least 3 am.
The Manhattan Fire Station is located on that section of East Main, and police report there is water on the station floor. However, the department will still be able to respond to emergencies if need be, they said.
The mayor is telling concerned businesses owners to shut their power and heat off because of the flooding.
We're told the street slopes east, causing the water to pool up between businesses and the railroad tracks.
Photos show water past the bottom of business doors. No word yet on damages.
NBC Montana is on scene to get the full information. Check back here for the latest updates.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester