BUTTE, Mont. - Charter Communications representatives said an equipment problem at a Billings data center is to blame for a widespread internet outage.
Representatives said the outage started around 4 pm Wednesday, and caused an hours-long interruption in services for customers in areas of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
Response on social media websites like Twitter and Facebook indicated outages in Montana affected Butte, Missoula, Kalispell and Billings.
The problem was corrected, and representatives said Charter was able to restore service just after 8 pm.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Stray bullets blamed for wildfire in west-central Idaho
- Montana school forced to cut nurse's hours due to budget
- Community meeting set for Copper King Fire update
- Rangeland wildfire forces evacuations in eastern Idaho