BOZEMAN. Mont. - NBC Montana is tracking an ongoing trial in Bozeman, for a Helena man charged with rape.
According to court documents, Jared Robert Kuntz is from Helena, but came to Bozeman to work as a DJ.
An 18-year-old woman told police she went to the movies with Kuntz and he gave her alcohol in December 2012. Charging documents say that she doesn't remember much of the evening, but at some point she believes Kuntz raped her.
He's charged with one count of felony sexual intercourse without consent and could face life in prison if convicted.
In district court on Tuesday, jurors heard testimony about what happened leading up to the night of the alleged rape.
Witnesses including an acquaintance of Kuntz said he DJ'd with Kuntz, who went by DJ Krave, at different bars in Bozeman and the surrounding area.
The alleged victim's father and the man who reportedly called the police about the incident also took the stand.
Kuntz is being held on $50,000 bail in the Gallatin County jail. The trial is scheduled to last through Friday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles