BELGRADE, Mont. - A semi truck flipped over at the East Belgrade Interchange Construction Detour early Friday morning. Making it the third time a semi's crashed in the area since the detour opened in April.
Now, it's sparking discussion over whether or not to change to the route.
Montana Highway Patrol tells us the the semi driver was speeding in the Eastbound detour when the truck flipped just before 2 A.M. Friday morning.
MHP tells us all three semi crashes in the detour happened at night, and because of speed.
Knife River Construction, the company building the interchange, says they're now working with the Montana Department of Transportation to look at either lowering the speed limit, adding a rumble strip, or something else to help keep drivers safe.
After one of the other semi crashes, MDT closed one lane in each direction of the detour, bringing it from two lanes down to one.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester