BUTTE, Mont. - A Butte man has been charged with seven counts of animal cruelty after investigators found 100 cats in a home.
According to Butte-Silver Bow Police, Douglas Billman, 54, was arrested at his mother's house on Washoe St.
Last week investigators entered a Delaware Ave. home and found scores of cats, some dead, all in poor health. Neighbors reportedly complained to the city about the home.
The cats that were able to be saved are being treated by local veterinarians.
Billman is currently free on $17,000 bond. He is due back in court on July 9th.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester