BOZEMAN, Mont. - The following is a news release from the Gallatin County Sheriff's Department.
"On February 2, 2013, at 1030 a.m., the West Yellowstone Police Department received a report of an injured snowmobiler on the Big Sky Snowmobile Trail, which is north of West Yellowstone.
Sheriff's Deputies, Personnel from the West Yellowstone division of Sheriff's Search and Rescue, the U.S. Forest Service, the Hebgen Basin Fire Department, and the responded and assisted with the rescue.
Rescuers responded on snowmobiles and when they arrived on scene they found a 63-year-old male from Mount Airy, Maryland,who had hit a tree.
He was transported out of the backcountry by the rescue team using a specialized rescue sled that is towed by a snowmobile.
He was transferred to a Hebgen Basin FireDepartment ambulance and transported to the Bozeman Deaconess Hospital."
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday