BUTTE, Mont. - The Montana Folk Festival is less than a month away.
NBC Montana caught up with organizers of the festival Wednesday to see what we can expect this year. They told us the festival is getting bigger and better.
The actual site is now on different lots, and one of the six stages is bigger.
Organizers said the plans are well underway, and they are expecting a great turnout this year. They have advertised all over, with a lot of outreach in Canada.
Executive Director of Mainstreet Uptown Butte George Everett said, "I think it's one of the best lineups we've ever had. The performers are outstanding and coming in from all over the country, some as far as Paris, France."
They warn people against bringing pets or smoking cigarettes during the festival. Also, Everett said they will be putting more emphasis on security this year, so backpacks are discouraged.
For more information on the festival, visit www.montanafolkfestival.com or download the new Montana Folk Festival smartphone app.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers