BELGRADE, Mont. - Tuesday morning the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport joined more than 100 airports nationwide offering TSA Pre Check.
Flyers can become eligible for the program through several ways like airlines inviting them to participate, and applying for membership with one of U.S. Customs and Border Protections trusted traveler program. The Pre Check allows travelers to keep their shoes on, a light jacket and a belt. They are also allowed to keep laptops in their cases.
Lorie Dankers is the Public Affairs Manager for the TSA. She says their goal is to provide expedited screening to those who are considered low-risk travelers.
"Well over 20 million people have experienced expedited screening. That number is building every single day. TSA's stated goal is to have about 25 percent of our passengers going through some form of expedited screening and the launch of our new lane here at Bozeman airport is a step in that direction," said Dankers.
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport was not the only airport to see the pre-check program launch on Tuesday. Columbia, SC; Hilo, HI; Santa Barbara, CA and Jackson Hole, WY also have TSA Pre Check available as of Tuesday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how election process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close