BOZEMAN, Mont. - A new judge has been assigned in a case involving an attempted rape suspect who escaped from the Gallatin County Law & Justice Center on Feb. 1 and eluded capture for three weeks.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports that officials announced Wednesday that Gallatin County District Judge Mike Salvagni will preside over 28-year-old Kevin Briggs' case.
Gallatin County Attorney Marty Lambert on Tuesday asked for a new judge but declined to say why.
Briggs pleaded not guilty Monday to attempted sexual intercourse without consent, aggravated assault, assault on a peace officer, escape and failing to register as a sex offender during the time he was on the run.
Briggs is being held in the Gallatin County jail on $1 million bail.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Billings residents protest suspension of radio host
- Brockton woman found dead after pickup crashed into river
- Republican and Democratic hopefuls for US House election
- KECI Montana teen found safe by Helena police