BOZEMAN, Mont. - Montana State University announced Monday it received a $50 million gift to the College of Engineering.
MSU alumus Norm Asbjornson donated the money. Asbjornson is from Winifred, Montana. He is the founder and president of AAON, a heating and ventilation manufacturer. According to an article in Montana State's Mountains and Minds magazine, in 2009 AAON had sales of $280 million.
It is the largest private gift in the Montana's history.
Speakers at Monday's event included Asbjornson, Governor Steve Bullock, Board of Regents member Jeff Krauss and MSU President Waded Cruzado.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell