BUTTE, Mont. - With the primary elections behind us, the Montana Democratic Party is holding it's bi-annual platform convention this weekend at Montana Tech.
The Montana Democratic Party executive director told us now they're looking forward to the general elections.
"We are having Montanans across the state get together to discuss these issues and come up with really great resolutions and plans to fix and help and enhance those things," said Executive Director Andrea Marcoccio.
Marcoccio said some things the Democratic Party wants to focus on are standing up for Montana's families, access to public lands, well paying jobs, supporting the economy and voting rights.
The convention will continue this weekend until Saturday afternoon.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police