BOZEMAN, Mont. - Good news for Park County -- a recent benefit concert raised more than $100,000 to help with firefighting efforts and relief.
NBC Montana told you last summer when the Pine Creek Fire destroyed homes and burned more than 8,000 acres in the Paradise Valley. The blaze almost engulfed the property of musician John Mayer.
Mayer recently hosted a benefit concert for the Park County Community Foundation, saying he wasn't in town when the fire broke out, but wanted to do his part to help.
We caught up with music organizer and Bozeman local Tom Garnsey, who helped produce the concert.
'This whole thing is very representative of Montana and this region of Montana," Garnsey said, "in that when somebody's hurting, people help."
At the concert, Mayer sang publicly for the first time in nearly two years. He recently underwent treatment for a growth near his vocal cords.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday