BUTTE, Mont. - Butte Police say a 23-year old man was sent to the hospital early Sunday morning after being shot at an eastern Butte house.
Sheriff Ed Lester tells NBC Montana police were dispatched to a house on the 2300 block of Elm Street at one am on Sunday.
When they arrived, they found the man shot in the abdomen. They immediately rushed him to St. James hospital, where we're told he is in guarded condition in the intensive care unit.
Sheriff Lester said it appears the man will live. He told us the man was shot with a large caliber, semi-automatic handgun and the wound was not self-inflicted.
At this time, police are interviewing several witnesses and persons of interest. Sheriff Lester said they are trying to determine what happened and identify any suspects.
No one has been detained in the shooting. We will bring you more details as we know them on the News at 5, and at nbcmontana.com.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Billings residents protest suspension of radio host
- Brockton woman found dead after pickup crashed into river
- Republican and Democratic hopefuls for US House election
- KECI Montana teen found safe by Helena police