BOZEMAN, Mont. - According to the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office, on Sunday, November 4th, a man was cleaning the enclosure of captive bears at the Animals of Montana Facility north of Bozeman just before 10:30 am.
Authorities said one or both grizzly bears mauled the 24-year old man and killed him.
Sheriff's Deputies, the Sheriff Coroner, Fish and Game Wardens and the Bridger Canyon Fire Department responded to the incident.
The name of the victim isn't currently being released, but the G.C.S.O. did say the man was originally from Pennsylvania.
The Sheriff Coroner and Game Wardens are continuing to investigate the death.
We looked up Animals of Montana, and found they're a wildlife casting agency located off Brackett Creek Road northeast of Bridger Bowl.
The owners have raised several exotic animals over a span of 20 years- including lions, leopards, bobcats, lynx and more.
Their animals are photographed and filmed, and have been featured in several commercials, movies and on network TV- like Animal Planet, National Geographic and BBC.
An online video on the Animals of Montana website shows the three grizzly bears the owners say they've raised since cubs- an older male named Adam, and two brothers name Griz and Yosemite.
The website states the grizzly bears are highly trained.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how election process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close