BUTTE, Mont. - A 12-member jury ruled in favor of ARCO, The Atlantic Richfield Co., finding it not responsible for the damages to an apartment complex located in uptown Butte.
The ruling came back 11-to-1 after roughly two hours of deliberation late Friday afternoon.
The plaintiff, Jody Barile, will receive no monetary damages from the company.
Barile initially had sued ARCO for damages to her apartment complex claiming that mining subsidence from past mining was the cause.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell