BUTTE, Mont. - The Butte Central Catholic School teacher who was fired in January after becoming pregnant out of wedlock has filed a discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Shaela Evenson taught literature and physical education for 9 years. Evenson's son, Brody Tobin Evenson, was born on March 7. He's the first child for Evenson and her partner, Marilyn Tobin.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena superintendent told us Evenson was let go because by becoming pregnant, she violated her contract to live and uphold the Catholic teachings.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how ballot process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close