BOZEMAN, Mont. - Police tell us a motorcycle crashed into a minivan on Norris Road near mile marker six west of Bozeman around 1:40 on Sunday afternoon.
We're told the man driving the motorcycle was heading west with a group of three other riders, when he crossed over the center line in a tight 35 mile per hour curve.
The motorcyclist crashed into the van, which was headed east. Montana Highway Patrol troopers say the man died on impact.
The occupants of the minivan were uninjured. MHP does not think alcohol or speed were a factor.
We're told the motorcyclist was wearing his helmet, but was an inexperienced rider who didn't know Norris Road very well.
The man recently moved to Montana. MHP troopers say he's in his 50s, and his identity will be released when next of kin have been notified.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Missing North Dakota man found dead after Montana crash
- Montana school forced to cut nurse's hours due to budget
- KECI Suspet arrested after reported stabbing, pursuit
- Gianforte: Sell state plane, ground Bullock