BOZEMAN, Mont. - The Gallatin County Commission signed off bonds that will go towards paying their share of building the Belgrade Interchange, Tuesday.
Gallatin County is responsible for paying $2 million of the $37 million project.
The payments are budgeted so as not to raise taxes.
County Commissioners say bonds are easier than borrowing from a bank, plus rates are low.
"This particular component is a small part of the big picture but it's something that we needed to do and budgeted for it and I think it's appropriate thing to do to benefit the county and what the project is all about," says Gallatin County Commissioner Steve White.
Belgrade is responsible for $2 million of the project and the airport will pay $3 million.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Secretary of state: Voters should handle ballots themselves
- Local Elections Chief justice, other judges denounce campaign attack ad
- Crow, Montana settle dispute over taxing coal owned by tribe
- Montana's mining future could lie in ordinary rock