BUTTE, Mont. - Butte-Silver Bow police are among the many law enforcement agencies across the state boosting patrols New Year's Eve.
Undersheriff George Skuletich told us six more officers will be on duty Tuesday night, for a total of 11 officers.
Skuletich told us their biggest concern is drunk drivers and people exposed to cold weather. He is also reminding everyone the drinking ordinance is in effect and they will be ticketing for open containers past 2 a.m.
"Honestly just be careful. Plan on using a designated driver. Don't flip a coin to see whose the less drunk at the end of the night. Plan beforehand, also if you are walking, plan for the elements," said Skuletich.
The Montana Department of Transportation said city and county police and highway patrol across the state are upping their New Year's patrols.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Greg Gianforte keeps low profile, Montana votes
- US Census estimates show Bozeman population growth
- Contamination in Montana park; highest in kids' sandbox
- Spotty showers, cooler temperatures