BUTTE, Mont. - A construction worker escaped injury when the cargo trailer he was pulling with his pickup truck was struck by a train at a crossing in Butte.
The driver was crossing the railroad tracks on East Second Street, between Shields Avenue and Warren Avenue.
Skip Waldorf of Butte said he was nearing the crossing just before 9 a.m. Tuesday when he saw the train coming around the bend. Because of the recent snowfall, he felt he would have been unable to stop in time, so he decided to gun it across the tracks.
He said the train was coming right at his window and he was lucky to at least get his pickup across the tracks. The train struck his cargo trailer, tearing a hole in it.
The entrance to East Second Street from Shields Avenue was closed for a short time this morning while workers cleaned up the crash site.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Montana wildfire forces evacuations
- Montana ranch dispute with federal government settled
- KECI Local businesses falling victim to dipping commercial building real estate market
- KCFW Burnett stumlbes, maintains lead at Rebecca Farm