BOZEMAN, Mont. - Folks with Bozeman's Human Resource Development Council say the community really stepped up to support the Warming Center.
They say their breakfast fundraiser was busy all morning. Hungry locals enjoyed $7 dollar meals at the Bozeman Community Café.
Coordinators say they need $15,000 in order to keep the Warming Center up and running through the end of the season and to prepare for next winter.
Saturday, they estimate they saw over 100 people at the event and raised about $1,400 for the facility.
"Our last diners came in just as we, we counted and seven came in and we had seven dishes left and we just made it in time. I couldn't think of a better thing to happen than for us to run out of food because the community was so supportive and so excited about this event," says HRDC Housing Department Director Sara Savage.
For more information about how you can help the Warming Center, visit HRDC's website.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell