BOZEMAN, Mont. - After Monday's incident in Boston, the Bozeman Police Department is reviewing security around popular events. Bozeman hosts several events that can draw people from all over the country.
From the historic Sweet Pea Festival, to Cruisin' on Main, to smaller events like Music on Main -- police say they prepare for anything to happen.
Bozeman Deputy Chief Rich McLane told us police have those security plans in place, but events like the bombing in Boston are a good reminder to review those practices, and see where they can improve.
"Really the bottom line," he said, "is that we need to continue to remain alert. Our agencies will remain vigilant when it comes to responses of this type of nature, and our goal is to not have it come to our community."
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Local businesses falling victim to dipping commercial building real estate market
- KCFW Burnett stumlbes, maintains lead at Rebecca Farm
- KECI Missing endangered person alert in Missoula called off
- Blue Lake Fire prompts voluntary evacuations