Bozeman, MONT. - A woman in her 20s is reportedly in custody after a high-speed chase that ended on King Arthur Court, south of Huffine off Gooch Hill Road. Our NBC Montana news crew was on the scene.
Police say they initially tried to stop the woman because she is suspected of passing bad checks. Officers say she is also a suspect in a string of car break-ins.
Officers say the high speed chase stretched for miles, beginning in Bozeman around 1 p.m., running out into Gallatin County and then returning to city limits.
Police backed off of the chase near Four Corners, because the situation was becoming too dangerous.
They then picked up the chase again south of Four Corners on 191, eventually tossing out spike strips to stop the truck.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man