BOZEMAN, Mont. - Workers at a Bozeman machine company got a rude awakening when they suddenly found out they would be out of a job after they left work on Wednesday.
NBC Montana was tipped off Wednesday afternoon that Titan Machinery would be closing its doors.
The business, located west of Bozeman, sells and rents construction equipment.
Employees and managers tell us they weren't given any warning until 2 p.m. Wednesday, that as of 5 p.m., they had no job. A former employee said about 30 employees were let go.
According to their website, Titan Machinery has more than 30 locations in 10 different states, with shops in Billings, Helena, Missoula, Great Falls, and a rental place in Big Sky.
We spoke with someone at the headquarters in North Dakota, who explained they will be issuing a press release and full details on Thursday, but could not answer our questions on Wednesday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid