BELGRADE, Mont. - Belgrade school officials say after an elementary school mill levy failed to pass last night, they may not be able to restore support services cut back after a similar levy failed last year.
We spoke to Belgrade residents about the results. The reaction was split.
Many were disappointed in the community for not passing the levy and are worried for the future of Belgrade schools.
Others say the school has not been transparent or careful enough with taxpayer dollars in the past.
Opponents of the levy say the proposed tax increase, $49 a year on a $200,000 home, was just too much.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid