LOLO, Mont. - Officials with the Missoula County Sheriff's Department have confirmed another person involved in a fatal head-on collision on U.S. Highway 93, south of Lolo, has passed away.
We're told a 9-year-old girl died at the hospital from her injuries. A 23-year-old female was pronounced dead on the scene Saturday night.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the crash occurred about 5:30 p.m. Saturday when the 23-year-old, driving southbound in a Ford pickup, lost control and crossed the centerline.
Trooper Mike Burman says the pickup collided with a northbound GMC Acadia sport utility vehicle.
Burman says the 23-year-old woman driving the pickup died in the crash, while her 25-year-old male passenger was seriously injured.
He says the 47-year-old female driver of the SUV and her two female juvenile passengers were also seriously injured.
All the injured were transported to Missoula hospitals.
Burman says the driver of the pickup appeared to be driving too fast for the snowy and icy road conditions.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Authorities ID man found in Clark Fork River
- Bozeman American Legion seeks return of burgled bugle
- Lewis and Clark County appoints new coroner
- KECI Injury crash near Ronan diverts traffic off Highway 93