BUTTE, Mont. - Beaverhead County sheriff's officials say two people have been arrested in connection with a possible homicide after a man's body was found at a campground near Wise River.
The sheriff's office says Missoula police took Butte residents Sandra Lee Ann Cantrell and Christopher Lee Stiles into custody on Tuesday night.
The sheriff's office describes them as "individuals of interest" after 60-year-old Mark Robert Mullen of Butte was found dead Saturday at Bryant Creek Campground.
Beaverhead County officials have not said how he died, but that a fight had taken place near the campground.
Cantrell and Stiles are being held on unrelated felony warrants.
County attorney Jed Fitch says he will file charges once he has the autopsy results, evidence from the scene and the suspects' interviews.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester