HAMILTON, Mont. - Hamilton police identified the 61-year old woman who died from exposure and was found Sunday.
Linda Shelley had been recently evicted, and while the investigation is ongoing, officials say there does not appear to be anything criminal.
The following was in the release that was sent out by the Hamilton Police Department:
The Coroner's investigation of Ms. Shelley's death is still ongoing while an autopsy is completed. In the meantime, several members of the public have expressed concern regarding the fact that Ms. Shelley had been recently evicted from the place she was staying. While Ms. Shelley's death is tragic and understandably upsetting to our community, our investigation does not indicate any criminal conduct at this time. Initial reports indicate that Ms. Shelley resided at several different locations in the Hamilton area the year prior to her death, and received assistance from multiple community members and organizations.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory