MISSOULA, Mont. - Crews are now in the mop-up stage, after a fire tore through 150 acres, about 6 miles east of Stevensville in the Reed Butte area. Families that were evacuated were let back into their homes.
The fire started when a controlled burn got out of hand. An initial attack crew was called in around 4 p.m. Thursday.
Ravalli County Sheriff's deputies evacuated several homes after the blaze approached at least three structures.
A helicopter made water drops on the fire, and crews from several agencies came out to knock down the flames.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday