MISSOULA, Mont. - Maggie Voisin is preparing to compete in the X Games before heading to Sochi for the Winter Olympics.
NBC Montana talked to the 15-year-old on the phone today. The Whitefish native called from Aspen, Colo. where she's getting ready to compete in slopestyle Sunday, before she takes off for Sochi.
Voisin is the youngest U.S. Winter Olympian since 1972. Friday, she said it's still unreal, but she wanted to thank friends and family in Whitefish and across the state for their support.
"I just want to say thank you, to everyone," Voisin said. "My town has been super supportive over the years...and hopefully I can represent them, not only the U.S., but them well in Sochi."
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Trial to consider coal pollution from BNSF coal trains
- Local Elections Commissioner: Pro-marijuana group filed reports late
- Magistrate hears arguments in beef checkoff lawsuit
- Local Elections Supreme Court candidate condemns political spending in race