MISSOULA, Mont. - KECI received an e-mail from Montana Department of Transportation early Wednesday morning....telling us that US highway 2 was closed about 8 miles south of Libby because of a power pole lying across the highway. When we spoke with the sheriff's office, they told us that the pole was on fire, but the line hadn't dropped yet.
A detour was in place at the Hammer cutoff, and the fire department is on the scene to re-direct travelers from going under the line.
The highway re-opened this morning at 8 a.m.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday